Top 10 MUST TRY foods in Hotel Sogo
Hotel Sogo is famous not only for its clean modern looking rooms and for affordable rates but also known by its iconic dishes you can always try once you visit any Hotel Sogo branch nationwide.
Wherever you go, there is a Hotel Sogo situated in almost every key city in the metro since it has currently over 45 branches nationwide and still expanding. Looking at the menu, guests can choose from a wide-variety of delicacies from appetizers, soups, vegetables, breakfast orders, alar-carte orders, and even bento box and rice bowl meals. There is a ton to choose from; that is why we have lined up the ones you will surely need to try whenever you stop by Hotel Sogo. Moreover, for sure you will have an answer to what online memes say, “Anong na-miss mong kainin sa Sogo?”
Here are the 10 best dishes to try in Hotel Sogo.
10. Sogo Classic Clubhouse For starters, the Sogo Classic Clubhouse is a must-try for those who want a fulfilling bite-size meal perfect to be partnered with a relaxing a cup of coffee. It is a satisfying double-decker sandwich with ham, cheese, egg, and chicken. The combination of flavors just works.
9. Chicharon Bulaklak Known as Ginabot in Cebu City or “ruffled fat” its English namesake, Chicharon Bulaklak is a crispy, deep-fried pork intestine that is a popular bar food in the country. The word ‘bulaklak’ is - an apt description as the intestines curl into flower-shaped crisps once fried. This appetizer is best paired with spiced vinegar and is a famous “pulutan” perfectly paired with an ice-cold beer.
8. Spicy Chicken Wings Who doesn’t love chicken wings? It is chicken wings and we are all in for it. Hotel Sogo’s Spicy Chicken Wings is a new favorite because of its crispiness and flavorful offering. No utensils needed, just wing it!
7. Crispy Pinakbet Pinakbet is a popular veggie dish that many Filipinos have grown love to. It is composed of a variety of vegetables like squash, eggplant, okra, yard-long beans, and bitter melon. Commonly it uses bagoong alamang or shrimp paste while other versions of Pinakbet uses fermented fish or bagoong isda. The combination of the classic Filipino mixed vegetables topped with crispy deep-fried pork belly is a medley of flavors, a must-try if you are looking for home-cooked style dishes while staying at the hotel.
6. Filipino Breakfast Filipinos loves rice for breakfast and there is no another rewarding food than to try Hotel Sogo’s Filipino breakfast meals after a cozy night. Choose from the favorites Beef Tapa, Daing na Bangus, Native Longganisa, and Pork Tocino. Each breakfast plate is served with egg, pickled papaya, and garlic rice plus your choice of whether coffee, hot tea, iced tea, or hot choco.
5. Tonkatsu Definitely a favorite of guests craving for some Japanese-inspired bento meals. Each serving has a bountiful flavors from the fried breaded pork chop served with barbecue sauce and a bit of side dishes for garnish. Moreover, it is served with a refreshing red iced tea. Food cravings? Certainly check.
4. Sinigang (Baboy, Hipon, Miso) Sometimes, the classic is the best choice. Sinigang is one of the popular dishes in Filipino cuisine. It is a soup or stew commonly characterized by its sour and savory taste from the fresh flavors of tamarind, ginger, and tomato cooked with either pork, shrimp, or fish. So, what are you waiting for? Kaon ta!
3. Crispy Pata A popular Filipino pork dish that can be served as a main dish or as a “well-loved” pulutan. It is traditionally made from pork leg and cooked deep-fried and is usually served in special occasions. Crispy Pata is the ultimate pork dish no one can resist and is not complete without a dip – a mix of vinegar, soy sauce, chopped onions, ground pepper and chili.
2. Half Fried Chicken The famous Half-Fried Chicken is not only prominent because you can get one free but also for its taste. It is commonly marinated in citrus and spice, and fried to golden perfection. It is one of the best-sellers of Hotel Sogo, a must-try for every guest!
1. Canton Guisado Hotel Sogo’s Canton Guisado is definitely a beloved dish across its branches, a trademark for some. This all-time favorite is perfect for family dinners or special occasions. It is a combination of stir-fried cooked egg noodles, meat, seafood, and vegetables seasoned with oyster sauce. Truly, this dish is tasty and cooked with love; surely a crowd favorite!